Building a house of your dreams is a big thing but there are numerous issues that arise during this process. To deal with these issues, Vastu states some specific rules and regulations to be followed while constructing a house.
But first we have to know what exactly Vastu Shastra is?
Vastu shastra is the classic Indian system of architecture that is widely accepted in the country. It is a mixture of Hinduism and Buddhists beliefs. The design focuses on the combination of architecture with nature, the relative functions of different parts of the structure, and ancient beliefs using geometrical patterns, symmetries, and directional positioning.
Today majority of the home buyers search for Vastu complaint homes. Since home is the only place where every design choice is likely to have a specific psychological impact on one’s subconscious. Vastu, with the help of design, layout, space arrangement, directions, and aims at cutting out negative energy from your home and uplifting the flow of positive aura.
Here we are providing you with the list of Vastu tips and tricks one should follow:
1. If you have already bought a plot for building a home but are unable to start the Home construction for any reason, then get the central portion of the land cleaned and get a slope created towards the North or East direction.
2. All the four directions for the plot should be 90° to achieve progress and prosperity. According to the Vastu, if any corner of a home other than the North East is bigger than the normal corners, it is not considered good.
3. While entering the plot, you should always enter from the direction where you want to construct your main gate.
4. Water is a symbol of money and prosperity. And according to vastu, the place with water below it never runs out of money. Hence right after you decide the place, make sure to get a water tank situated in the North or North East direction after the earth worship or bhoomi-poojan.
5. During the course of Home construction, never keep sand, bricks or any other construction material in the North East direction because this might hamper the ongoing construction and create other issues.
6. While building the foundation of the house, start from the North East direction, and gradually proceed to the South West direction. The pillars and walls should be first constructed in the West or South so that these directions are always higher than the rest of the construction.
7. Ask your contractor or house developers to avoid keeping his construction tools in the Northwest. This may lead to lateness in work and irregularities during construction.
8. Work related to POP, flooring and false ceiling work should always start from the South West direction. Make sure to have a store room facing the South West there irrespective of whether it is required or not. South West-facing construction helps to ensure lesser chances of unnecessary fights, stress, financial crises and many other issues.
9. Once the Home construction is completed and you are moving ahead with sanitary and other implementations, you may keep this material in the room situated in the South West direction, and close that room with a temporary door, using it as a store room. This helps you in saving your money and increasing your financial growth.
10. When the RCC or the ceiling is being constructed, ensure that it is constructed first in the South or West direction and lastly in the Northwest. This ensures that the work gets done smoothly within the fixed budget.